Title: Bristol's Creme
Style: Soul, Disco
Format: MP3 FLAC WMA MP3 WAV DMF MMF MP2 DTS
FLAC size: 1248 mb | MP3 size: 1862 mb | WMA size: 1819 mb
Complete your Johnny Bristol collection. referencing Bristol's Creme, LP, Album, SD 18197. CD Release On Collector's choice 2010, CCM-2129. Reply Notify me Helpful.
More albums from Johnny Bristol: Strangers by Johnny Bristol. Feeling The Magic by Johnny Bristol. Hang On In There Baby by Johnny Bristol. Free To Be Me by Johnny Bristol. Come To Me by Johnny Bristol. View all albums . Bristol’s Creme. By: Johnny Bristol (1976, Funk, Soul).
Ships from and sold by the music store. It's no wonder he also produced an album for Johnny Mathis! On another note, the art direction is just in line with the contents of this album, classic and sexy, not an easy thing to do, but it truly works. 5 people found this helpful.
In 1974, writer/producer Johnny Bristol launched his career as a performer. That year's Hang On in There Baby yielded classic singles with "You and I" and also the title track. But 1975's Feeling the Magic wasn't as successful, and Bristol left MGM for Atlantic Records. Bristol's Creme is his Atlantic debut album. If people were let down by the lack of freshness and hooks on Feeling the Magic, changes were immediately heard on this album, which is best known for its first single, "Do It to My Mind.
An excellent smooth soul groover from Johnny Bristol! The album has Johnny stepping into a more sophisticated groove than he used on his early 70s albums for MGM – mixing together styles that sound a lot like those used by artists like Leroy Hutson or Leon Ware at the time, a mix of well-produced backings with just the right touch of strings, keyboards, and tight rhythms. Johnny's voice has a bit rootsier quality than you might be used to for this sort of album – which makes for an even more unique sound, especially on the mellower cuts
Bristol's Creme (1976). Album by Johnny Bristol. Have Yourself a Good Time Thinkin' 'Bout the Good Times.
Johnny Bristol - Bristol's Creme (2008)/08 - Have Yourself A Good TimeThinkin' 'Bout The Good Times. Johnny Bristol - Bristol's Creme (2008)/Johnny Bristol - Bristol's Cream. Johnny Bristol - Bristol's Creme (2008)/folder. Johnny Bristol - Bristol's Creme (2008)/03 - I Sho Like Groovin' With Yo. lac - 2. 5. Johnny Bristol - Bristol's Creme (2008)/07 - Baby's So Much Fun To Dream.
John William Bristol (February 3, 1939 – March 21, 2004) was an American musician, most famous as a songwriter and record producer for the Motown label in the late 1960s and early 1970s. He was a native of Morganton, North Carolina, about which he wrote an eponymous song. His composition "Love Me for a Reason" saw global success when covered by The Osmonds including a number 1 in the UK charts in 1974
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Do It To My Mind||4:51|
|A2||I Love Talkin' 'Bout Baby||3:46|
|A3||I Sho Like Groovin' With Ya
Lyrics By – Sandra Leoncavallo
|A4||You Turned Me On To Love||4:48|
|B1||She Came Into My Life||5:10|
|B2||Love To Have A Chance To Taste The Wine||3:06|
|B3||Baby's So Much Fun To Dream About||4:19|
|B4||Have Yourself A Good Time Thinkin' 'Bout The Good Times||4:09|
- Recorded At – Davlen Sound Studios
- Mixed At – Davlen Sound Studios
- Copyright (c) – Warner Bros. Music
- Published By – Warner Bros. Music
- Recorded At – Cherokee Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Johnny Bristol
- Arranged By [Strings, Horns] – Paul Riser
- Art Direction, Photography By – Andrew Sackheim
- Bass – Henry Davis (tracks: A1, A2, B1, B3), Willie Weeks (tracks: A3, A4, B2, B4)
- Congas – Joe Clayton
- Design [Lettering, Jacket] – John Fillmore
- Drums – Earl Palmer (tracks: B2), Ed Greene (tracks: A4, B4), James Gadson (tracks: A1 to A3, B1, B3)
- Engineer – Eric Prestidge
- Flute [Oberheim] – Michael Boddicker (tracks: A2)
- Guitar – David T. Walker (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B1, B3, B4), Melvin (Wa-Wa) Regin* (tracks: A3), Ray Parker* (tracks: A1 to A3, B1, B3), Robert Bolds (tracks: A4, B4)
- Keyboards – John Barnes (tracks: A1, A2, B3), Sylvester Rivers (tracks: B4)
- Keyboards, Synthesizer, Synthesizer [ARP], Arranged By [Rhythm] – Sonny Burke
- Producer, Written-By – Johnny Bristol
- Saxophone, Flute, Soloist – Ernie Watts
- Shaker – Victor Feldman (tracks: B1)
NotesRecorded and mixed at Davlen Sound Studio, Universal City, California.
|SD 18197||Johnny Bristol||Bristol's Creme (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 18197||US||1976|
|PCD-2727||Johnny Bristol||Bristol's Creme (CD, Album, RE)||P-Vine Records||PCD-2727||Japan||1993|
|SD 18197||Johnny Bristol||Bristol's Creme (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 18197||Canada||1976|
|WPCR-25249||Johnny Bristol||Bristol's Creme (CD, Album, RE, RM)||Atlantic||WPCR-25249||Japan||2007|
|2383 430||Johnny Bristol||Bristol's Creme (LP, Album)||Polydor||2383 430||UK||1976|