Title: On The Border
Style: Classic Rock
Format: MP3 FLAC MP3 DXD DTS WAV XM AUD AC3
FLAC size: 1105 mb | MP3 size: 1771 mb | WMA size: 1565 mb
Apart from two songs produced by Glyn Johns, it was produced by Bill Szymczyk because the group wanted a more rock‑oriented sound instead of the country-rock feel of the first two albums. It is the first Eagles album to feature guitarist Don Felder.
Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin.
On the rollicking "Midnight Flyer", Bernie Leadon's banjo evokes the fingerpicking bluegrass of Earl Scruggs, while Don Felder channels Duane Allman for his slide solo on the soaring rocker "Already Gone". The only thing we love more than hearing each Eagle's taste shine through is how the group’s voices come together for those smooth, sweet harmonies. Few rock bands brought together members with influences as distinct as the Eagles’. On the rollicking "Midnight Flyer", Bernie Leadon's banjo evokes the fingerpicking bluegrass of Earl Scruggs, while Don Felder channels Duane Allman for his slide solo on the soaring rocker "Already Gone".
During the making of the album, the band experienced significant changes. After recording only two songs, the band let go of Johns and hired Bill Szymczyk. The band was so impressed that they invited Felder to become the fifth Eagle.
They wear their southern influences on their sleeves too often, and its clear that the band was still just a singles band at this point in their career. Too often do they find themselves rehashing the same old material, or they exhibit their obligation to a southern jam. Intended to be fun, they often drag and bore, losing at the song's most obvious purpose. The album is also often plagued with clichéd, unoriginal lyrics about love
Album: The Studio Albums 1972-1979, 2013.
if the boys in the band hadn’t grown weary of Johns’ efforts to play up the country in their rock. After spending six increasingly long weeks working with Johns in London, The Eagles flew the coop and returned to . where they joined forces with Szymczyk, and it was during those sessions that Felder was brought into the fold. Granted, he got there pretty late in the game, so he’s only on two tracks – Good Day in Hell and Already Gone – but it was enough for him to make his mark and earn formal membership in the band.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Lead Vocals – Glenn FreySoloist [Guitar] – Don Felder, Glenn FreyWritten-By – J. Tempchin*, P. Strandlund*
|A2||You Never Cry Like A Lover
Lead Vocals – Don HenleyWritten-By – D. Henley*, J. D. Souther*
Lead Vocals – Randy MeisnerSlide Guitar – Glenn FreyWritten-By – P. Craft*
Lead Vocals – Bernie LeadonPedal Steel Guitar – Bernie LeadonWritten-By – B. Leadon*
|A5||On The Border
Lead Vocals – Don HenleyWritten-By – Leadon*, Henley*, Frey*
Lead Vocals – Glenn FreySoloist [Guitar] – Bernie LeadonWritten-By – D. Henley*, G. Frey*, J. Browne*, J. D. Souther*
Lead Vocals – Don Henley, Glenn FreyPedal Steel Guitar – Al PerkinsWritten-By – T. Waits*
|B3||Is It True?
Lead Vocals – Randy MeisnerSlide Guitar – Glenn FreyWritten-By – R. Meisner*
|B4||Good Day In Hell
Lead Vocals – Don Henley, Glenn FreySlide Guitar – Don FelderWritten-By – D. Henley*, G. Frey*
|B5||Best Of My Love
Lead Vocals – Don HenleyPedal Steel Guitar – Bernie LeadonWritten-By – Henley*, Frey*, J. D. Souther*
- Manufactured By – WEA Music Of Canada, Ltd.
- Distributed By – WEA Music Of Canada, Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Asylum Records
- Copyright (c) – Asylum Records
- Published By – Jazzbird Music
- Published By – Benchmark Music
- Published By – Golden Spread Music
- Published By – Rocky Top Music, Inc.
- Published By – Kicking Bear Music
- Published By – Fifth Floor Music, Inc.
- Produced For – Pandora Productions Ltd.
- Recorded At – Record Plant, Los Angeles
- Recorded At – Olympic Studios
- Designed At – R. Twerk & Co.
- Art Direction, Design – Gary Burden
- Artwork [Cover Painting] – Beatian Yazz
- Artwork [Lettering] – Rick Griffin
- Electric Guitar – Don Felder
- Engineer [Assistant] – Allan Blazek (tracks: A1, A3 to B4), Gary Ladinsky (tracks: A1, A3 to B4), Rob Thaer (tracks: A2, B5)
- Handclaps [Claps] – The Clapettes* (tracks: A5)
- Other [T.n.t.s] – Coach (tracks: A5)
- Photography By – Henry Diltz
- Producer, Engineer – Bill Szymczyk (tracks: A1, A3 to B4), Glyn Johns (tracks: A2, B5)
- Remix [Engineer] – Bill Szymczyk
- Vocals, Bass – Randy Meisner
- Vocals, Drums – Don Henley
- Vocals, Guitar, Banjo, Steel Guitar – Bernie Leadon
- Vocals, Guitar, Piano – Glenn Frey
NotesCloud label with English-only printing on rim of label.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): 7ES-1004A-1A C2-G
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): 7ES-1004-1A-B- C2-G
- Rights Society (Tracks A1, A2, A4 to B5): ASCAP
- Rights Society (Track A3): BMI
|7E-1004||Eagles||On The Border (LP, Album, San)||Asylum Records||7E-1004||US||1974|
|7E-1004||Eagles||On The Border (LP, Album)||Asylum Records||7E-1004||Australia||1974|
|7E-1004||Eagles||On The Border (LP, Album, Ter)||Asylum Records||7E-1004||US||1974|
|HYS 651-04||Eagles||On The Border = En La Frontera (LP, Album)||Asylum Records||HYS 651-04||Spain||1974|
|7E-1004||Eagles||On The Border (LP, Album, RE, SP)||Asylum Records||7E-1004||US||1983|