Title: 78 In The Shade
Style: Blues Rock
Format: MP3 FLAC FLAC MMF AU DXD MP4 MP2 RA
FLAC size: 1530 mb | MP3 size: 1258 mb | WMA size: 1284 mb
78 in the Shade is the fifth studio album, and the second during their reunion, by Small Faces. It was released on the Atlantic label in 1978 and re-issued in 2005 on Wounded Bird. The album was created during the brief re-union of the band in the 1970s. The follow up to the reunion album Playmates, 78, like its predecessor, stiffed and the band broke up soon afterwards.
Recorded at Beehive Cottage with the Island Mobile. Mixed at Maison Rouge. Mastered at EMI Abbey Road.
The Small Faces fared no better on their second try at recapturing their mid-'60s mod glory. The same flaws that dogged Playmates are present here: iffy material, indifferent execution, and bizarre production choices lead the list of major sins. However, where Playmates at least benefited from its creators' roguish charisma, there's little trace of that here. A fleet of guest musicians outnumbers the boys, which isn't a good sign. Once again, the group produces themselves (as Kemastri, a commingling of the members' first names).
Fitting in nicely alongside Steve Marriott's "Marriott" solo album from 1976 and the work he went on to do when he was re-united with Ronnie Lane in The Legendary Majik Mijits, "78" is a smooth, soul-infused gem of a record with many stand-out tracks, none finer than "Stand By Me (Stand By You)" and "Too Many Crossroads".
78 in the Shade is the fifth studio album, and the second during their reunion, by Small Faces. Studio album by. Small Faces.
Just better Índice. 1 Lista de canciones.
You were my first love And you'll be my last love I will never make you blue I'll be true to you In the whole world You can love but one girl Let me be that one girl For I'll be true to you. Wherever you go My heart will follow I love you so I'll be true to you Take my love with you To any port or foreign shore Darling you must feel for sure I'll be true to you.
|A1||Over Too Soon||3:02|
|A2||Too Many Crossroads||2:15|
|A3||Let Me Down Gently||3:35|
|A4||Thinkin' About Love||3:42|
|A5||Stand By Me (Stand By You)||3:23|
|B1||Brown Man Do||2:59|
|B4||You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet||2:54|
- Manufactured By – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Pressed By – Presswell
- Recorded At – Island Mobile
- Mixed At – Maison Rouge
- Mastered At – Abbey Road Studios
- Mastered At – Atlantic Studios
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Published By – Hudson Bay Music Co.
- Published By – WB Music Corp.
- Published By – Ackee Music, Inc.
- Published By – ATV Music Corp.
- Published By – Tro-Essex Music International, Inc.
- Bass, Vocals – Rick Wills
- Drums, Vocals – Kenny Jones
- Engineer – John Elijah Wright*
- Guitar, Vocals – Steve Marriott
- Illustration – Larry Franklin
- Keyboards, Vocals – Ian McLagan
- Mastered By [Vinyl] – GP*
- Photography By – Brian Aris
- Producer – Kemastri
- Written-By – McLagan* (tracks: A1 to A3, B2, B4), Joe Brown (tracks: B3), Pidgeon* (tracks: A3, B2), Jones* (tracks: B4), Wills* (tracks: A4, B4), Marriott* (tracks: A1, A2, A5, B1, B4, B5)
NotesRecorded at Beehive Cottage with the Island Mobile. Mixed at Maison Rouge. Mastered at EMI Abbey Road.
℗ © 1978 Atlantic Recording Corporation
A1, A2, B4 published by Hudson Bay Music Co., BMI/WB Music Corp., ASCAP except:
A3, B2 published by WB Music Corp./Ackee Music Inc., ASCAP
A4, B1, B5 published by Hudson Bay Music Co., BMI
A5 published by ATV Music Corp., BMI
B3 published by TRO-Exxes Music International Inc., ASCAP
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side One): ST-A-784035-PR
- Matrix / Runout (Label Side Two): ST-A-784036-PR
- Matrix / Runout (Side One Etched): ST-A-784035-C @tGP (PR)
- Matrix / Runout (Side Two Etched): ST-A-784036-C @tGP (PR)
- Matrix / Runout (Side One Etched [variant]): ST-A-784035-C @tGP A(PR)P
- Matrix / Runout (Side Two Etched [variant]): ST-A-784036-C @tGP (PR)P
|K 50468||Small Faces||78 In The Shade (LP, Album)||Atlantic||K 50468||UK||1978|
|P-10507A||Small Faces||78 In The Shade (LP, Album, Promo)||Atlantic||P-10507A||Japan||1978|
|ATL 50468||Small Faces||78 In The Shade (LP, Album)||Atlantic||ATL 50468||Netherlands||1978|
|SD 19171||Small Faces||78 In The Shade (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 19171||US||1978|
|ATL 50 468||Small Faces||78 In The Shade (LP, Album)||Atlantic||ATL 50 468||France||1978|