Style: Pop Rock
Format: MP3 FLAC DMF AU MMF WMA RA AA WAV
FLAC size: 1928 mb | MP3 size: 1707 mb | WMA size: 1968 mb
Spy is singer-songwriter Carly Simon's ninth album, and eighth studio album, released in 1979. It is also her last album for Elektra Records. The title of the album is a tribute to Anaïs Nin, whose quote I am an international spy in the house of love, is written across the top on the inside jacket. Simon dedicated the album to producer Arif Mardin, in which she wrote in the liner notes, "Dedicated to Arif who is himself fantastic.
Spy is singer-songwriter Carly Simon's ninth album, and eighth studio album, released in 1979. Although Spy did not yield any major hit singles, "Vengeance" earned Simon a Grammy Award nomination for Best Rock Vocal Performance, Female in early 1980, the first year to feature this new category. It peaked at on the Billboard Pop singles chart. Simon made a music video for the song, and MTV later used a clip from it in a commercial that tried to entice viewers to get stereo sound on their TV sets. The promotional clip was also chosen by Pioneer Electronics to be part of their first demo disc for its then-new Laserdisc player.
2015 A Musical Memoir Collection. The Bob's Burgers Music Album. Listen (A Benefit Album For 'Our Time').
This album has an average beat per minute of 105 BPM (slowest/fastest tempos: 82/124 BPM). See its BPM profile at the bottom of the page. BPM Profile Spy. Album starts at 96BPM, ends at 124BPM (+28), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Carly Simon.
Exclusive discount for Prime members. Sample this album Artist (Sample). Even the title cut is no more or less "Disco" than "Tranquilo" from the previous album, "Boys in the Trees. Production, I believe was handled excellently. If anything, Mardin probably just pushed Carly into doing something different this time around and sometimes, different is good.
Carly Simon record album Carly Simon Spy vintage vinyl Etsy. 570 x 428 jpeg 27 КБ. s. Carly Simon - Album Covers: Spy (1979). 576 x 800 jpeg 88 КБ. ww. tsy. com 570 x 760 jpeg 54 КБ. outube. Carly Simon - Spy - YouTube. 1280 x 720 jpeg 86 КБ. 606 x 461 jpeg 36 КБ. -track-shack. com 573 x 772 jpeg 565 КБ. opsike. Carly Simon "Nobody Does It Better" from The Spy Who Loved. 480 x 360 jpeg 16 КБ. crater. Simon, Carly - Spy - Vinyl LP Record - Rock. 461 x 350 jpeg 27 КБ. 07collector.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Clavinet – Don Grolnick, Richard TeeElectric Guitar [Solo] – John Hall*Keyboards – Warren BernhardtPiano – Ian McLaughlin
|A2||Just Like You Do
Backing Vocals – Ullanda McCullough
|A3||We're So Close||5:07|
|A4||Coming To Get You
Acoustic Guitar – Joe CaroElectric Guitar [Solo] – David SpinozzaSynthesizer [Cat] – Ken Bichel
|A5||Never Been Gone
Arranged By [Choir] – Arif MardinBacking Vocals – Lucy SimonWords By – Jacob Brackman
Alto Saxophone – Peter BallinBaritone Saxophone – Lewis Delgatto*Cowbell – Raphael CruzGuitar – Frank CarilloMusic By – Frank CarilloSynthesizer – Cliff Carter*Tenor Saxophone [Solo] – Michael BreckerTrombone – Tom Malone
|B2||Love You By Heart
Congas – Crush Bennett*, Raphael CruzLyrics By – Carly Simon, Jacob Brackman, Libby TitusPiano – Billy Mernit
Flute – Hubert LawsWords By, Music By – Arif Mardin, Carly Simon, James Taylor
Vibraphone – Mike Mainieri
- Recorded At – Atlantic Studios
- Mixed At – Atlantic Studios
- Manufactured By – Hispavox, S.A.
- Distributed By – Hispavox, S.A.
- Acoustic Guitar – David Spinozza (tracks: A2, A3, B2)
- Alto Saxophone – David Sanborn (tracks: A1 to A3, B4)
- Art Direction, Design – Bob Heimall*
- Backing Vocals – Carly Simon, James Taylor (tracks: A2, A5, B2, B3), Tim Curry (tracks: A1, B1)
- Bass – Tony Levin (tracks: A1, B1, B2), Will Lee (tracks: A2 to A4, B3, B4)
- Concertmaster – Gene Orloff
- Drums – Rick Marotta (tracks: A1, A2, B3), Steve Gadd (tracks: A1 to A4, B1, B3, B4)
- Electric Guitar – David Spinozza (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B2, B3), Joe Caro (tracks: A1, B3), John Hall* (tracks: A1)
- Electric Piano – Richard Tee (tracks: A2, A5), Warren Bernhardt (tracks: A3, B1 to B4)
- Engineer [Assistant] – Mike O'Reilly
- Guitar – David Spinozza (tracks: B1, B4), Joe Caro (tracks: B1, B4)
- Management – Arlyne Rothberg
- Mastered By – George Piros
- Music By – Carly Simon (tracks: A1 to A5, B2 to B4)
- Percussion – Crusher Bennett* (tracks: A3, B2), Raphael Cruz (tracks: B2, B3)
- Photography – Pam Frank
- Piano – Carly Simon (tracks: A3, B4), Don Grolnick (tracks: A1, B1), Warren Bernhardt (tracks: A2, A4, A5, B4)
- Producer, Arranged By [Horns, Strings] – Arif Mardin
- Strings – Alan Shulman, Edward Daniels*, Eugene Moye, Jr.*, Frederick Buldrini, Gerald Tarack, Guy Lumia, Harold Kohon, Jean Dane*, Jesse Levy, James Buffington*, Joe Malin, Jonathon Abramowitz*, Julien Barber, Kermit Moore, Lamar Alsop, Lewis Eley, Matthew Raimondi, Mitsue Takayama, Paul Gershman, Peter Dimitriades, Philip Bodner*, Regis Iandiorio, Richard Maximoff, Ted Hoyle, Theodore Isreal*, Tony Posk
- Synthesizer [Polymoog] – Ken Bichel (tracks: A2, A3)
- Tenor Saxophone – Michael Brecker (tracks: A1, B1)
- Trumpet – Randy Brecker (tracks: A1, B1)
- Words By – Carly Simon (tracks: A1 to A4, B1 to B4)
Notes(P) 1979, Elektra Records
Recorded and mixed at Atlantic Studios, N.Y.C. from December, 1978 to April, 1979.
Sleeve credits Edward Daniels, Philip Bodner, and James Buffington as string players. Probably their real roles are wind, wind and horn.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Depósito Legal: M. 22.281-1979
|5E-506||Carly Simon||Spy (LP, Album, Gat)||Elektra||5E-506||US||1979|
|506-2||Carly Simon||Spy (HDCD, Album, RE)||Elektra||506-2||US||1997|
|P-10673E||Carly Simon||Spy (LP, Album, Gat)||Elektra||P-10673E||Japan||1979|
|5E-506||Carly Simon||Spy (LP, Album, Promo, Gat)||Elektra||5E-506||US||1979|
|K 52147||Carly Simon||Spy (LP, Album, Gat)||Elektra||K 52147||UK||1979|