Title: Liz Phair
Style: Pop Rock
Format: MP3 FLAC TTA FLAC AC3 MP4 APE AIFF WAV
FLAC size: 1652 mb | MP3 size: 1214 mb | WMA size: 1653 mb
Why Can't I?" and "Extraordinary" were released as singles. Phair began production on the album with Michael Penn. Liz Phair debuted at on the Billboard 200. As of July 2010, the album had sold 433,000 copies.
Phair began production on the album with Michael Penn Contents. Although the album introduced Phair to a mainstream audience for the first time, its success brought about a backlash from critics and disappointed fans of her earlier work. Many decried her for "selling out", and she became a "piñata for critics".
Elizabeth Clark Liz Phair (born April 17, 1967) is an American singer, songwriter, guitarist, composer, and actress. Born in New Haven, Connecticut, Phair was adopted at birth and raised primarily in the Chicago area. After graduating from Oberlin College in 1990, she attempted to start a musical career in San Francisco, California, but returned to her home in Chicago, where she began self-releasing audio cassettes under the name Girly Sound.
Liz Phair (born Elizabeth Clark Phair on April 17, 1967 in New Haven, Connecticut) is an American singer-songwriter and guitarist. She was a cornerstone in the underground early '90s indie rock movement for her songcraft and DIY ethics. Liz Phair (born Elizabeth Clark Phair on April 17, 1967 in New Haven, Connecticut) is an American singer-songwriter and guitarist. Her sound developed at the turn of the century into.
It could be said that Liz Phair's greatest asset has always been her inability to write a perfect pop song. On her 1993 debut, Exile in Guyville, Phair's gruff voice wrapped awkward non-hooks around flimsy, transparent chord progressions, resulting in (to everyone's surprise) a certifiable indie roadtrip classic. It still stands as a powerfully confrontational album, skirting convention yet marked by Phair's striking awareness of her own limitations. Things didn't start to go horribly awry, of course, until Phair's next album, gg. That record's attempts to radio-ize her sound only dismantled the depth of her music- if not the awkwardness- resulting in an odd batch of songs that perhaps encapsulated Phair's faulty view of what constitutes a radio-friendly album.
Liz Phair – Liz Phair. Different than her earlier stuff. When she had a few hits with an attempted crossover. I'm still a huge fan of this album and hope for a vinyl release. Reply Notify me 2 Helpful.
Then, there's the weird realization that Phair has so little to say on Liz Phair. While this very well could be her most directly confessional album - nearly every song is in the first person, with many songs drawing parallels to her circulated life story - there's no insight here, particularly when compared to, yes, her earlier work.
Liz Phair : Liz Phair,disco, crónica, tracklist, mp3, textos. Data de aparición 24 Junio 2003. Estilo MusicalPop Rock. Miembros poseen este álbum3. 3. Why Can'T I? 4. It'S Sweet.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Backing Vocals – Wizardz Of Oz
|2||Red Light Fever
Backing Vocals – Alison ClarkBass – Mike ElizondoDrums – Matt Chamberlin*Percussion – Lenny Castro
|3||Why Can't I?
Backing Vocals – Wizardz Of OzMastered By – Eddy Schreyer
Bass – Michael PennDrums – John Sands
|6||Take A Look
Bass – Mike ElizondoDrums – Matt Chamberlin*Guitar – Wendy Melvoin
Bass – Michael PennDrums – John SandsPiano – Patrick Warren
Guitar – Buddy Judge
Electric Guitar – Buddy JudgeEngineer – Doug Boehm
|11||My Bionic Eyes
Electric Guitar – Buddy JudgeEngineer – Doug Boehm
|12||Friend Of Mine
Bass – Wendy MelvoinDrums – Abraham Laboriel Jr.
|13||Good Love Never Dies
Drums – Mike StinsonProducer, Bass, Backing Vocals, Electric Piano [Wurlitzer] – R. Walt Vincent
|Video||Why Can't I?||3:31|
- Manufactured By – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Mastered At – Oasis Mastering
- Glass Mastered At – EMI MFG.
- A&R – Ron Laffite*
- Art Direction, Design – Eric Roinestad
- Backing Vocals – Buddy Judge (tracks: 8, 10, 12)
- Bass – David Sutton (tracks: 8, 10, 12)
- Creative Director – Mary Fagot
- Drums – Mario Calire (tracks: 8, 10, 11), Victor Indrizzo (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 9)
- Guitar – Corky James (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 9), R. Walt Vincent (tracks: 4, 11, 13)
- Keyboards – Jebin Bruni (tracks: 8, 10, 11), Patrick Warren (tracks: 2, 6, 12)
- Management – A²
- Management [Business] – Rit Venerus
- Management [Legal] – Fred Davis
- Mastered By – Ted Jensen (tracks: 1, 2, 4 to 13)
- Mixed By – Serban Ghenea (tracks: 1, 3, 4, 6 to 8, 10, 12, 13), Tom Lord-Alge (tracks: 5, 9, 11)
- Photography – Phil Poyuter
- Producer – Liz Phair (tracks: 8, 10, 11)
- Producer, Arranged By, Recorded By, Backing Vocals – The Matrix (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 9)
- Producer, Recorded By, Guitar – Michael Penn (tracks: 2, 4, 6, 7, 12)
NotesPrinted in U.S.A.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7 2435-83928-0 7
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L044
- Mould SID Code: ifpi 163B
- Matrix / Runout: 72435 8392807RMRE1· MASTERED BY EMI MFG. ifpi 163B IFPI L044 1-1-2
|CDP 7243 5 22084 0 1||Liz Phair||Liz Phair (CD, Album, Enh)||Capitol Records||CDP 7243 5 22084 0 1||US||2003|
|7243 52208449||Liz Phair||Liz Phair (Cass, Album)||EMI, Capitol Records||7243 52208449||Indonesia||2003|
|7243 593999 2 8||Liz Phair||Liz Phair (CD, Album)||Capitol Records||7243 593999 2 8||Europe||2003|
|DPRO 7087 6 17855 2 4||Liz Phair||Liz Phair (CD, Album, Promo, Adv)||Capitol Records||DPRO 7087 6 17855 2 4||US||2003|
|7243 593999 2 8||Liz Phair||Liz Phair (CD, Album, RP)||Capitol Records||7243 593999 2 8||Europe||Unknown|