Title: Hastening Westward
Style: Abstract, Experimental, Contemporary Jazz
Format: MP3 FLAC APE VOX VQF FLAC AIFF VOC AC3
FLAC size: 1483 mb | MP3 size: 1591 mb | WMA size: 1407 mb
Album · 1995 · 10 Songs. Pier and Ocean: 3. By Robyn Schulkowsky & Nils Petter Molvær - Robyn Schulkowsky. 4. Hastening Westward: 1. By Robyn Schulkowsky & Nils Petter Molvær.
Composed By – Nils Petter Molvær (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10), Robyn Schulkowsky. Drums, Gong, Bells, Crotales, Cymbal, Bells – Robyn Schulkowsky. Engineer – Jan Erik Kongshaug. Liner Notes – Steve Lake (2).
Hastening Westward (with Nils Petter Molvær) Contents.
Robyn Schulkowsky was born in Eureka, South Dakota, and completed her studies at the University of Iowa. In the mid-1970s, she was percussionist with the New Mexico Symphony Orchestra and the Santa Fe Orchestra and directed a class in percussion at the University of New Mexico. She recorded a (mostly) solo album Hastening Westward for ECM in 1995. In the same year she also received the Christoph and Stephan Kaske Award for her innovations in drumming. Avant-garde jazz trumpeter Nils Petter Molvær was born on the small Norwegian island of Sula in 1960, and though he learned a lot playing in local bands, in 1979 he chose to leave his hometown to study at the conservatory in Trondheim. As a member of the nu jazz group Masqualero, Molvær became associated with the ECM label, which later released his first solo material.
Robyn Schulkowsky (percussion), Nils Petter Molvaer (trumpet). Recording Venue: Rainbow Studio, Oslo. Robyn Schulkowsky, Nils Petter Molvaer: Hastening Westward. Robyn Schulkowsky (percussion), Nils Petter Molvaer (trumpet).
Nils Petter Molvær (Norwegian pronunciation: ) also known as NPM (born 18 September 1960) is a Norwegian jazz trumpeter, composer, and record producer Contents. 1995: Hastening Westward, with Robyn Schulkowsky. 1997: Small Labyrinths (recorded 1994), in Marilyn Mazur's Future Song. 2005: Electra, in Arild Andersen Group.
|Pier And Ocean|
- Copyright (c) – ECM Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ECM Records
- Manufactured By – BMG Music
- Distributed By – BMG Music
- Record Company – BMG Classics
- Record Company – Bertelsmann Music Group
- Recorded At – Rainbow Studio
- Pressed By – Sonopress USA – 61121-01
- Composed By [Compositions By] – Nils Petter Molvær (tracks: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10), Robyn Schulkowsky
- Design [Cover Design] – Barbara Wojirsch
- Drums, Gong, Bells [Plate Bell], Crotales, Cymbal [Cymbals], Bells [Bronze Bells] – Robyn Schulkowsky
- Engineer – Jan Erik Kongshaug
- Liner Notes – Steve Lake
- Liner Notes [Prose (Stirrings Still)] – Samuel Beckett
- Percussion – Robyn Schulkowsky
- Photography By [Cover Photos] – Eric Sandmeier
- Photography By [Liner Photos] – Ruth Walz
- Producer [Produced By] – Manfred Eicher
- Trumpet – Nils Petter Molvær
NotesRecorded January 1995
Rainbow Studio, Oslo
An ECM Production
© ℗ 1995 ECM Records
BMG Logo ® BMG Music
Printed in USA
The CD matrix would suggest a manufacturing date of 1996.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 7 81182 15642 5
- Barcode (Scanned): 781182156425
- Matrix / Runout: 78118215642 + + 61121-01 SONOPRESS USA
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L028
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 1027
- SPARS Code: DDD
|ECM NEW SERIES 1564, 449 371-2, ECM 1564||Robyn Schulkowsky / Nils Petter Molvær||Robyn Schulkowsky / Nils Petter Molvær - Hastening Westward (CD, Album)||ECM New Series, ECM New Series, ECM Records, ECM Records||ECM NEW SERIES 1564, 449 371-2, ECM 1564||Germany||1995|
|ECM NEW SERIES 1564, ECM 1564, 449 371-2||Robyn Schulkowsky / Nils Petter Molvær||Robyn Schulkowsky / Nils Petter Molvær - Hastening Westward (CD, Album, RP)||ECM New Series, ECM Records, ECM New Series||ECM NEW SERIES 1564, ECM 1564, 449 371-2||Germany||Unknown|